|For information concerning the new Master programme starting in September 2010:
see new website: www.oceansandlakes.be
The Master of Science programme ‘Marine and lacustrine sciences’ (or MARELAC) is a 2-year academic training course for 120 ECTS credits orgabized by the Faculty of Sciences of Ghent University.
The main objectives for this Master programme are:
- Training towards a multidisciplinary scientist who thinks and works across fields and disciplines but who is specialized in marine and lacustrine systems.
- Educating practice supporting tools in function of marine and lacustrine data acquisition and processing
- Stimulating critical thinking where scientific problems are dealt with in a wider socio-economic and socio-ecological context (policy supporting and advising).
- Providing an integrated concept and view on marine and lacustrine systems
- Stimulating communication skills in function of scientific outreach, education and information providing.